No pest is more annoying than the mosquito. Yet, every summer, Chesterfield residents battle this pest as they attempt to have fun with friends and family. Yet, many people know little about the pest, aside from the fact that they bite and are annoying. We’ll change that today with this list of important facts about mosquitoes. While this information may not benefit you in future conversation, it can inspire you to make the call and schedule service with mosquito control in Chesterfield professionals.
A few things you might want to know about mosquitoes:
· There are more than 150 different species of mosquitoes in the U.S. and more than 3,000 species worldwide.
· Only female mosquitoes bite.
· Mosquitoes can transmit disease through their bites. These diseases can be deadly. Malaria is a common disease transmitted by mosquitoes.
· Female mosquitoes bite humans because they need the blood to lay a batch of eggs.
· Mosquitoes also require water to lay eggs.
· A mosquito egg can survive for as long as 7 years!
How to Get Rid of Mosquitoes
There are many DIY treatments that keep mosquitoes away from your home. One of the best things that you can do is keep all standing water off your lawn. It takes as little as a teaspoonful of water to attract mosquitoes to your home.
Citronella candles and other products also help keep mosquitoes at bay. Their effectiveness and price varies from one product. However, this can be an expensive way to reduce mosquitoes at your home.
The best solution to mosquitoes is professional pest control service. Experts know how to rid the home of mosquitoes and keep them away in the future, all at a relatively low price. It’s certainly worth the expense when mosquitoes no longer bother the day.